Thursday, October 08, 2009

Old Pics & New Updates

Here are some pictures of family visit after Safira born:

I'm so grateful for my parents who came & helped me adjusting to this new life. Especially my mom who did everything for me (literally) when I couldn't do much except laying in bed.


Here's Safira with both grandparents


We're happy when Andrew & Ryan visited us during their dental class and treated us to a nice Thai restaurant. Thanks you guys! Yea for family....


--------------------------------------------------
Quinn & Dewi

I turned 32 this year. Thanks to my good friend Debbie who delivered dinner & cake the next day, we're able to sing happy birthday to me. :)

We celebrated our 7th year anniversary on Sept 28th by eating at Denny's (fast & easy but still sit down diner). My gift to Quinn was putting on make up & getting out of my pjs that day. :) That night & the next day was when I felt the excruciating pain of mastitis. Safira kept waking up that night....every time we looked at each other & kept on wishing "Happy Anniversary Hon!" with a smile that said -- isn't this a great anniversary???

Quinn's birthday was a slightly better celebration. We had dr appt for the kids in the morning where they both receiving shots. But, we're able to eat at Dicks (we'll miss it when we move) and got his favorite cakes to celebrate.


There's some adjustment raising 2 kids. I need to get over the fact that I can't always give a full attention to only 1 kid. We're pretty tired, but Happy and mostly grateful.

----------------------------------------------
Hazel

she's just a great big sister to Safira. I'm so grateful to have her as my firstborn - so understanding & helpful. She received an Obedience award from her school. She also started reading and is pretty excited about being able to read & write words.



----------------------------------------------
Safira

she turned 1 month old on October 2nd. At her 1 month check up she gained 2.5 lbs, which made us laugh. She definitely has different personality than Hazel -- she would voice out her objections loudly & clearly. (:


She sleeps in the crib now(sometimes), or on boppy, but mostly on mommy's chest or next to mom's.

5 comments:

chchoo said...

Love all the pics! Safira is so pretty. And so is Hazel, of course. :)

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

kangen juga ama Hazel, udah tambah gede, :)

Safira gemuk juga ya Dew.. :)

aprkpvprvpnvk

donna said...

thanks for the updated!! :)

Rebecca said...

Safira is such a cute little girl! Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures.

Rachel said...

Love the update! That hair is beautiful! I love it! You're an amazing mother, and you will find a new sort of flow and ebb to life. The first 4-6 months are a little chaotic, but as long as everyone is fed, clothed, and bathed now and then, life is great! We love you and hope to make it there for Thanksgiving! Hugs to you all, Rachel