Saturday, September 06, 2008

Busy but FUN day

we had to wake up early Saturday morning for the assigned clean up time. It wasn't too bad if we would've gone to bed in a decent hour the night before. But, we survived. As soon as we got home, Ryan & Donna came by to chat. Quinn was helping them to find out about the bus transportation to go to the 'famous' game(BYU vs UW) football game. I said famous because almost everyone we know went to the game. Then, Andrew & Rebecca dropped off their kids before they all headed to the game.

We had their kids with us while they're watching the exciting game. Hazel was so excited being with cousins.....especially since they are older cousins, so she loved the attention they're giving her. Here's what we did:

Playing with Hazel's toys (yes, the older girls were so excited about Hazel's pretend kitchen set)

Gave my 2 gorgeous nieces hair makeover (I don't envy A & R right now...handling the many boys come knocking on their door soon!)

Since that day happened to be Rebecca's birthday, I wanted to surprise her. I baked the cake the night before, and had the kids help me frost it that day. It was pretty much Hazel's & Zachary's creation, and Samantha did some touching up at the end.

After we're done, Quinn ordered some pizza & garlic twists from Round Table and we took them to Robinswood park to have a lunch picnic. Kiddies spot....they look happy, don't they?

When lunch was finished, they wanted to pick blackberries.

A visit to the playground was a must. And this is when we saw Ellie (Hazel's friend) in there with her grandma and her cousins.

It was a sunny day with some occasional breezes. Whenever the wind blew, they rushed to fly the kite. Samantha & Jessica were the big helpers of the little kids trying to make the kite fly.

Around 3 pm was when we started to head home to prepare for our Surprise Party. The girls helped decorate the place.

We yelled "SURPRISE" when Rebecca came thru the door and sang Happy Birthday to her. I hope it was fun for her as it was for us. I put 5 candles on the cake instaed of 25 (right Rebecca?)


We also remember that the same day was miss Kate's 2 birthday. We love you miss Kate!

8 comments:

Papah dan Mami said...

kamu bener2 anak papah ibu yg paling baik didunia super wonder women g.Gak cape2nya betuk2 2 minggu yg menyibukkan.Tapi ibu tahu dan yakin kalau kamu lakukan dengan hati ikhlas pasti tidak cape.Itu baru anak ibu saling jaga saling sayang dikedua belah pihak yg selalu ibu papah bilangin ke anak2 ibu.Jaga perasaan dan hormati orang tuamu dan mertuamu harus dan pasti.sayangi saudara2mu dan ipar2mu.Semoga Allah melindungimu selalu.

Phea said...

Seru banget harinya De.. Hazel seneng banget pastinya ketemu sepupu2, apalagi pas picnic sama main layangan.. Asyik banget keliatannya..
Surpise Partynya keren, bener2 direncanain ya.. sampe sempet bikinin kue segala..
Happy Birthday, Rebecca..

Shirley said...

I'm so glad that you all got to do things with the cousins and Andrew and Rebecca. It was a really fun and special time for them.
Love-MOM B

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

muntu berkata:
wah...rame n heboh ya pastinya tp happy. hazel pasti seneng bgt. kangen deh ma khas hazel sblm cerita "you know what......" :D

btw,de sori bgt kmrn lupa ganti uang booster seat vasska ;p ntar ya kl papah/ibu kesana la tak titipin

rava blog said...

wah...mbak aku yg satu ini selalu menyayangi orang tua , saudara kandung , mertua dan ipar2nya dengan ikhlas tanpa pamrih... I knew that u did all those things from your bottom of your heart.. Hope in this world there are alot of people like .. I love u ,sis...

chchoo said...

Too fun! I didn't know A&R's kids were coming to your place during the game. Great cake!! Hazel is such a good decorator. She must take after her mamma.

Rachel said...

I just got caught up on all of your posts! Preschool! What a BIG girl! SHe looks so proud!
Good family times, too! I love that you did a party for Rebecca! You are so kind and it looks like you all had a great weekend!

Don't tell Kate she had a birthday, k? Our weekend in CA was too hectic to celebrate, so we are doing it this week! :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks for watching the kids, they had so much fun. The cake was delicious! You guys are wonderful!