yes, we went to Disneyland this Friday. We drove from home around 5:30 am and got there around 7:10 am -- we were amazed by how many people already there. We had a BLAST....we're still quite giddy about it. It truly was an amazing experience. It was Hazel's & my first time visit there, and everything went perfectly. Thanks to Quinn who planned it all. He downloaded a software to schedule all the rides we want to do, and the software arranged it which one to do first (email him if interested). We studied the map & the schedule beforehand and when we were there, we knew what to do. We did 22 rides/attractions from 8 am till about 2 pm. I had to giggle when someone in the line bragged that they did 5 rides in 1 hour, ....because we did 9 that time already. We spent more time doing the rides than the wait in line. Quinn got 3 fast passes, which was so AWESOME when people were so backed up in lines. I felt like we're riding the luxury lane there. :)
Our favorite ride was The Peter Pan's Flight -- I really felt like flying. Our craziest ride was Matterhorn Bobsled, but Hazel LOVED it (me & her dad screamed the whole time while she was just giggling). Buzz light year and Autopia are pretty cool too especially because we used fast passes and being in front of the crazy lines.
It helps also because I packed food like PB&J, hot dogs, granola and drinks to hold us for a little longer before we had to eat lunch to avoid the lunch rush. And by the time we had lunch, we weren't that hungry so we just split a meal (which saved us some money because really the food was pretty pricey). After lunch, we then went to the right spot to watch the parade. Hazel fell asleep unfortunately, otherwise she would've LOVED it. I did. I got teary eyes during it. I think it was really the time that hit me -- "I'm really here, and I love this, and I'm taking my daughter here" moment. My mom took me to Euro Disney when I was 17. I felt like I did my job alright because I could take Hazel there that day. I didn't think we could take Hazel until we moved here permanently (who knows when that would be exactly), but Quinn internship this summer permitted us to do it sooner. And I'm grateful.
We spent the night in the hotel nearby after we're done because I wanted to see LA the next day. LA wasn't that all glamorous. We did have an okay experience, but we could leave it without. It would've saved us money and energy, but hey Live and Learn! I will post the LA pictures next time.



7 comments:
oh what a great weekend...... Looks like you did a lot that weekend. My favorite ride at DL is "It's a small world". Did you go on that one?????
Yes LA is not glamorous at all. But i do enjoy going....
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us....
No Donna, small world was unfortunately closed for a repair or something. Yea, Quinn said that me & Hazel might like that one too.
Wah, keren.. :)
senengnya Hazel, papa-mama malah teriak2 ya.. :P
We LOVE Disneyland and we've been lucky enough to get in FREE most of the times we've gone. Brian's parents live about 15 minute drive from there, so we always had connections with family or friends that work there.
LA is not all that it's hyped up to be, is it? Too much work for little pleasure!
Hooray for a hubby who was on the ball enough to have a great plan! Makes for an even better experience!
We won't be able to go to WA until that Thursday of the wedding weekend and we have to come back on Sunday. Our kids start school on that following Monday and Brian has court.
When do you head back?
Oh and the reason Small World was closed was to make the boats bigger and sturdier. With the increase of obesity, boats were sinking! Funny, huh?
Waaah... Keren, Bagus, Lucu... mau dong ke Disneyland !!! Dulu Ichan juga punya topi Mickey Mouse itu, bagus ya.. :)
Dek Hazel nyetirnya ngebut ya.. Kereeen !!! Hahahaha...
Yay! I'm so glad you got to see Disneyland with Miss Hazel! It sounds like the software/list idea is the way to go. Nine rides in an hour?? I'm taking you guys with me the next time we go. I thought Peter Pan was my favorite ride too, the first time I went to Disneyland. (I was 17.) I'm so ready to take Afton.
Post a Comment