Monday, June 02, 2008

The Home & Lost

As I promised, here are the pictures of our new crib. :) Enjoy...


The living area

master bedroom

Hazel's room

Kitchen

I didn't post any bathroom pictures cause I don't think anyone wants to see that right? It's a pretty nice place for us to stay (nicer than extended stay that's for sure). It's 2 bd/2ba, with washer/dryer in unit, gym & pool. We're pretty lucky to find this one.

Now, onto the adventure on our first day:
After we dropped off Quinn at the Naval base, our plan was to play at the park then to Target. I mapped out everything and got it handy but only to find ourselves drifted off to the freeway without any notice. I wouldn't know where to get off, so I kept on going to exit to our home while Hazel was throwing a fit in the background. I explained to her that we're lost and suggested that we find Target instead. She was about to cry cause she wanted to see Afton she said. After being confused for a second, I found out that she thought Afton is at the park and she's excited to go to the park to see her just from the video that Charith sent in our txt message while they're in the park just as we're heading out the door. How sad....cute though. She understood after I explained to her that Afton is at the park in Logan and we are in San Diego. I forgot to mention this to Charith while we're on the phone.

For dinner, we tried out this italian place that got a good rave. It's an interesting place, and we couldn't believe how long the line was as we headed out the door. We got good timing I guess.

Filipi's Pizza Groto

Getting the yummy gelato for desert (again)

we're all bathed and ready to retire for the night. Quinn seems to like his work place even though he's the youngest there by about 20 years or so. Tomorrow...is another adventure :)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

What an adventure. Hope you enjoy your time in San Diego.

donna said...

what a great new crib :) You should be on MTV cribs. Yes, i like that show..

So glad you made it home OK.. I would hate to be lost in SD!!!!!!!

That is way cute that Hazel wanted to see Afton at that park........

Phea said...

Makasih ya udah difoto2in. Iya kaya MTV Cribs aja.. Bagus deh rumahnya, nyaman banget keliatannya.. :) Hazel seneng De?

Tapi kasian banget Hazel mau ketemu Afton, pasti sedih banget tuh.. ;) Untung udah gede ya, jadi bisa ngerti kalo emang beda kota..

Posting lagi yang banyak adventurenya ya.. seru bacanya... :D

Ichan dan Inan said...

Hhhmmmm... Yummy Gelato, Tante Dewi !!! Kita juga suka tuuhh... ;D

debbie rowley said...

Glad your first day went well. Sorry you got lost. It is so difficult to navigate around a new city! Looks like you found a great place to stay!

chchoo said...

Too bad Afton wasn't at the park in San Diego. We miss you guys. Glad you got home safe!