After dropping off Quinn on his third day, we stopped for a donut at Winchell's and a quick stop at the playground on Harbor drive on a little beach. It was too cold and windy, but Hazel managed to have some fun. For lunch, we walked to a tiny taco shop to get a take out (they have no seating area) in the middle of high rises nearby our place (it was very yummy & cheap!). I want to post the picture of her walking because they have this lavender tree all over and I thought it's pretty (I don't know the name of it).




On Thursday, daddy found a ride now to and from work (Yea!). It gives us more time in the morning to lounge around and do chores. We visited the park in Ocean Beach (not sure if it's a safe neighborhood) and no picture. This is the park that we tried to go on Monday and got lost. And in the afternoon after daddy got home, we all went to check out Seaport Village which is nearby our place. We like it....Hazel loves the super fast merry-go-round (me: got dizzy).Friday is the first Friday that daddy got a day off. His work hours are pretty cool....9 hr work day and getting every other Friday off. I love it, and he'll have this also when he goes to work for them permanently. So, we used this day to explore the downtown area by feet. We checked out the mall, which I don't seem to like because it's outdoor and it seems dirty to me (I always think of malls with air condition). For lunch, we got variety of food at Ai, pretty good and cheap place to eat. I love their crunchy roll (as good as the one at the fancy place and it's only $4.95). For dinner, we tried Anthony's Fishette (it's the cheap outdoor version of their fancy one) and I love my plate -- calamari with mac & crab salad.





Saturday, we checked out the Greek Festival they had. Pretty good gyros and their donuts are so yummy (it's covered with honey, nuts and cinnamon). We also got their greek fries covered with feta cheese and some baklava. Hazel wanted to stop by at the park before we headed home of course, and mommy wanted a cold & sweet drink so we stopped at the Ghirardelli soda shop and got us some yummy vanilla milk shakes.
We're still learning the area and finding the right spots, missing our Bellevue a little, but we're also enjoying the ride.
7 comments:
Wow, makanannya keliatannya enak banget.. :)
mau dong...
seneng gak tinggal disana?
you are having a great time.. seaport village is a lot of fun. We have a pictures of Emily, Jakob and Ian on that same merry go round......
It is good that you are taking advantage of seeing all the sights. Time will pass quickly and you will find lots of things you wanted to do, but didn't have the time. We love you.
Love-MOM B
Waahh... kota baru, explore terus dong ya.. Seneng bener kedengerannya.. :)
Hazel keliatannya makin hepi ya disana..
Itu, di foto terakhir, kenapa Hazel mukanya begitu ya? Kayanya bikin ngiri deh.. milk shakenya keliatan enak bener tuh.. ;)
You really know how to make the most of the areas you live! WHat amazingly fun experiences and you couldn't ask for a better work schedule for Quinn! Love all the pictures!
Brian and I used to live in La Mesa, which isn't too far from where you are....more inland.
After reading your post I'm really hungry! It looks like you all are having a great time seeing all the sights. Hazel's hair is getting so long and she's looks like she's getting so tall, too.
I know that I have commented before, but DANG, Dewi you are so beautiful. Don't be lonely---we miss you all.
Love-MOM B
Post a Comment