Our second day we "Wrote Letter to Santa" and Hazel put it inside her stocking so Santa would know what she wants for Christmas and exchange the letter with the gifts she listed. Then the third day we "Built our gingerbread house" while Rudolph Shining New Year was on tv. This year is more fun since she is aware that they are all candy and that frosting is YUMMY. We let her do whatever she wants with the house......at first I wanted it to look pretty, but she knows where she wants things and mostly licked all the frosting (so I let her be).


The fifth day "We watched Christmas movie" that's on tv. I forgot what it was, but it's claymation with the blind kid who's very very good and make everybody around him be good too. I loved it!
The sixth day we made Rachel's ideas of "dreamy hot cocoa" from Paula Dean. It was yummy and even better the next day. Hazel made the whole thing and very excited about it. Tonight the seventh day we're supposed to watch snowflake lane again, but I'm feeling under the weather and not in the mood to be cold outside. So, we traded it with our activity on Monday night (that's the beauty about our advent calendar -- we can always swap things around according to our circumstances). And we "Read A Christmas Story" for tonight.


This is what's left on the table before she went to bed last night. I thought it's pretty cute that she wanted to buy a lockable diary without even knowing what that was. She wanted it because it's tinker bell and that it has lock. After I explained to her what it was....she wanted to write how her whole day went that night. She was describing everything that she did that day. Today -- she just mostly drew on the pages. :)


8 comments:
I'm so glad you wrote about this advent activity calendar! We are having so much fun with it! I love all the pictures and your home looks so Christmasy! The snowflakes are beautiful!
What a cutie pie wnating a lock diary! Those little entries will be priceless!
Also, I hope you get feeling better soon! No fun!!!
What wonderful Christmas memories you are making for each other. The house looks great-both the real one and the gingerbread one-- and the diary thing is so funny. She knows all the things she wants to do--she just doesn't know how to do them all yet. What a sweetheart!
Love-MOM B
What a cute family you have. You all do so much fun stuff. I think i want to move in with you.
What a great memories you will have HAzel :)
The hot cocco looks so good.
Hi Hazel,
seneng banget ya:)
kuenya dimakanin gulanya ya.. :)
Cute Hazel! She looks so happy stirring the pot. I like all your snowflakes. Where are the pictures of you, Dewi? The border around the last pic is pretty cool. You're such an artist. Afton recently discovered Tinker Bell and Peter Pan. But she calls him Peter Man.
Aku suka kuenya.. Lucu banget! Pasti rasanya yummy banget ya hmmm...
Dekorasi christmasnya bagus banget, keren! Aku liat ada salju dari kertas yang dibuat Dek Hazel trus ada juga salju disekitar rumah kuenya ya.. Baguuuus banget.. :)
Waahh, sekarang Dek Hazel, Tante Dewi dan Om Quinn udah siap nih kedatangan Santa.. Senengnya... :)
Post a Comment