Thursday, November 15, 2007

Playdates & Baking

I guess I need to update our blog because every time my parents call, they always ask if Hazel can go potty in the toilet yet. And yes, she's been doing pretty well.

Hazel has been having play dates with her friends lately and she loves it. And that means play dates for mom too.....and I love it.

One time when we had Ellie over and I was just away for a little bit -- I heard Ellie saying hold on Hazel...and found they were doing this (riding the little horsie together). I laughed cause they're so cute! And Ellie was such a good sport with Hazel going potty......she wants to be there with her whenever Hazel needs to go potty....and she insisted that I take pictures of the three of them together (yes, chocolate the doll had to be in it too).

Baking is back in our home......oh how I miss it so much. Since Quinn has been avoiding sugar in his food, I've been afraid to temp him to cheat. He's been doing pretty good btw and I'm proud of him and it's not easy (well, I couldn't do it). But, tonight, Hazel asks to bake and that's a good enough reason for me do it. We decided to make bran muffins. It will be good for Hazel & I and it wouldn't tempt Quinn that much (not like cake or cookies you know). It makes me happy to see Hazel really enjoying baking with me.



To top it off, Hazel also made banana pancakes with daddy to use up the last banana. And no, Quinn didn't eat the pancakes. He just wants to cook with her.

5 comments:

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Hazel udah banyak temennya ya.. :)
lucu udah bisa main bareng,

di fotonya si Quinn tambah kurusan Dew..:)

Hazel tambah cakep .. :)

Ichan dan Inan said...

Horeee, Dek Hazel udah kaya anak gede lho, udah nggak perlu pake pampers lagi dong... :)

Fotonya lucu banget deh, dikamar mandi bertiga tigaan gitu.. :)

Hmmm... muffinnya keliatan lezaat banget tuh.. Dek Hazel keliatannya seneeeng banget ya kalo bikin bikin kue gitu. Jangan lupa ya bikinin buat Ichan Inan juga.. Nanti kita diajarin juga dong.. :)

Shirley said...

What precious times and pictures. I was wondering if you would like to make(you could do it here, if you want)some type of dessert for the kids. Not all of them like pie and they would probably like some other type of dessert.
Let me know how you feel about that. You are, of course, welcome to make and bring anything you want. I am sure it will be delicious and eaten in this household.
Love-MOM B

donna said...

Thanks for the update.


Sounds like you all have been very busy :)



See you in a few days sista. Wear some warm clothes for the run. It will be COLD!!!

Rachel said...

Cute pictures! Love the one with Hazel and Ellie on the horse - too cute! Way to go HAZEL- you toileteer you!

Baking is a HUGE part of the joy in life for me. Whenever I'm trying to cut back on the sweets, and not bake, it's just not the same. I feel at home in the kitchen- a joy for sure! My kids love being in there with me, too and I appreciate your example of letting Hazel help. Even if it take twice as long. That doesn't matter. A wonderful experience for all!

Quinn's looking slim! Resisting sugar is not an easy thing! Good luck Quinn-E!