Belows are the headlines of what we did on our last days there....
My Birthday Dinner
My parents treated everyone with all you can eat buffet at J.W Marriott -- Thanks so much Papah & Ibu! There's so much food and all different types: Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian.....you name it, they probably have it. Everyone was stuffed and had a great time. The waiters surprised me by singing a loud happy birthday song along with cake & candles. It was a little embarrassing......but fun. My mom gave me her diamond bracelet as a gift. I love it because it's hers and she gave it to me as I turn 30 (I'll give it to Hazel when she turns 30). My sister & her husband gave me load of cash (thanks guys!). My only niece so far (Inan) gave me one of her beautiful drawings. She's only 6 and her drawings are amazing. My sister in-laws gave me clothes. Thanks everyone!
Singapore
My Parents bought us tickets to visit Singapore (thanks Papah Ibu!). We were fortunate enough to stay at my friend's beautiful place (thanks Ingrid + Olav + Isabelle). My parents really hope that we'd fall in love with Singapore and want to live there :) Well, we did fall in love with Singapore. It's really clean, everyone speaks English, and it's pretty organized. But, we don't think we can afford living there. Ingrid & Olav had a nice house in San Francisco....and that only got them a nice condo near the downtown area. Plus, the costs of the car is 3 times more than in the US. We figure with all the money that we're saving, still won't do us any good there :)
It's nice to see my friends Ingrid & Daniella again though. When I was an undergrad in Seattle, I used to have many friends.....but only 3 of them that stuck with me. They're always there for me. They won't judge and will give good advice if you ask. It's funny how Ingrid ended up living close to Daniella and I'm with Amanda here. :) Love you girls!
Last Few Days in Indonesia
We basically just hung out and rest before our long flight home. We did visit the mall, play at the new playground. I found my old time friend at the mas Vasska's gymboree class that Hazel crashed. It's good to see her and her daughter.
Last Dinner & Saying Goodbye :(.... before leaving for home
Home Sweet Home
Yesterday, we woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. So, we ended up going to grocery store and had breakfast at McD afterward. When we got home, Hazel and I slept from 7 am till 4 pm. Weird feeling.
I never stepped on the scale while we're there....and last night after a shower I almost had a heart attack when I stepped in one. My weight gain is NOT even funny! Ohh, the negative side effect of a long vacation. Help.....








6 comments:
Welcome back home!!! Thanks so much for sharing all those wonderful picture with us. I really enjoy them.
It looks like you all had a great trip. What a sweet family you have :)
Hope to see you all soon!
Loved ALL of the pictures and reading about your wonderful trip! What precious time with your family. I'm sure it was hard to leave them, but we're grateful you made it back to the states safe and sound!
You are so funny about the scale...I experience that everytime I go to WA...but it all evens out once you get back into your normal flow of things! :)
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog ALWAYS!
Yea.. Tante Dewi, Om Quinn dan Hazel udah sampe lagi di rumah ya... Senengnya... :)
Makasih ya Tante, udah ngisi liburan bareng sama kita2 di Indonesia, seneeeng banget udah maen sama2 De Hazel.. De Hazel juga seneng kan?
Kita semua kangen deh, mudah2an nanti bisa kumpul2 lagi ya... :)
We loved all the pictures of your family. Glad you had a great time there.
We are glad that you guys are back safe and sound.
Shell
Glad you are all home safe and sound. It does take a bit of adjustment to get back into the routine of life.
Love---MOM B
:)
hazel udah bangun jam 4 pagi ya.. :)
Post a Comment