Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

This weekend is all about me. Yes, me, Hazel's mom. Since Mother's day is on Sunday, we decided to celebrate it early. Quinn asked me what I want for Mother's Day. I said the slipcover that we got is my gift. He then said.......it doesn't count Honey, you should do something that you really like. I thought about it for a while...then finally I decided "How about venturing garage sales by myself for a gift?" That way I can satisfy my shopping urge without worrying about Hazel not getting into things and get gifts while doing it? I'm into garage sales lately......it started from reading my friend's blog about finding treasures in thrift store, and got excited when my first try was a success finding a nice vase and a cute purse for $1.10.

So my Mother's Day treats started on Friday morning hitting 2 garage sales and got some vintage jewelry, a nice hard cover book for Hazel and yarns for my next crocheting project. I was pretty happy, then Quinn had to grade papers for the class that he's TAing for the rest of the day.

Saturday morning after a short run, I then hit 5 garage sales and got Hazel's toys for $2.00, a pretty tin that we decided to keep our cookies in for $1.00, a nice tablecloth for the remote stand for $.10 and a $1.00 purse. I'm a happy camper :)




And for dinner, Quinn got us some yummy honey walnut shrimp and Mongolian beef. We had a wonderful dinner while Hazel's taking a nap (she refused to take a nap, but fell asleep around 3:30 pm). I really had a wonderful Mother's Day. The kind that lets me to take time for me. Thanks to my wonderful Quinn for letting me do what I want and for reminding me not to feel guilty about it! Happy Mother's Day to everyone and wish you all have a wonderful Mother's Day too! Thanks to Mom & Dad Bagley for the nice Mother's day card & gift.....your words in the card is the nicest thing(thanks!).

Happy Birthday to Om Adi & Preston! Wish you both the nicest birthday wishes!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hits! I like never hit any good sales..... OR been to garage sales!

Rachel said...

Ooohh, what great finds! I've been looking for a cool container for cookies, as well. You've given me that thirft store/garage sale itch! Happy Mother's Day to you! I think having Friday and Saturday, as well, was a highly appropriate way to celebrate! :)
Cute picture of little Hazel Pooh, and I really do love that little cloth on your side table. Love the vintage look!

donna said...

What great finds!! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's day!!!!!

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Happy mother's day ya Dew,.. kalo disini hari ibu tgl 22 Desember.. :)

Vasska lagi seneng teriak2 nih.. lucu sih, tapi gak tau deh sebentar lagi.. :)