Last night was a short night for all of us. Hazel suddenly has a bad runny nose, which kept her from having a good night sleep...and so did we of course. It's worse when we need to wipe her nose since she has a healing bruise in between her nose and her mouth due to slamming it to the table yesterday. ( I couldn't help but feeling like a bad mom when she got hurt -- I'm over it right now!). And with the early morning cleaning duty, it really was a short night. Only Quinn went to clean, me & Hazel stayed home hoping she would get some rest (one can always hope). Well, a day starts like that makes us want to stay home, hang out and take it easy. So, this weekend, that's just what we did. But, to make the day interesting, we bake all day today (luckily) with nap in between. Here's what we made....

Thanks to
Brian, we get the idea to make some yummy chocolate meringue cookies. Hazel agreed that it's a good cookie. This is exactly what she said "Mmmm...it's a good cookie mommy, it has chocolate in it!"

Then, I wanted to make some bread cake like. So, I came across this
marble cake recipe from Martha Stewart site. It came out good, but it's missing something.....Frosting! We can't figure out whether to make cream cheese frosting or chocolate frosting. With Hazel is winding down, we decided to figure that out tomorrow.
Other than Hazel being sick, we're happy, content and grateful. It turned out to be a good day after all.
5/06/07 -- Have to post the update in our marble cake :) So, we decided to make strawberry cream cheese frosting. This is Hazel helping mommy prepare to make pizza for lunch.

8 comments:
Looks like Hazel likes to bake or she likes to eat.Thanks for the baking ideas. I need to try merigues.
Wow Dewi and Hazel you both are such the bakers.
Great pictures.
See you soon :)
Look at you two little Martha Stewarts. I'm so impressed! Now I'm feeling in the mood for some white cake with chocolate frosting...
I LOVE days like that! The day Brian made the meringue cookies, I baked a ooey gooey cake to take over to dinner with friends. You are creating such awesome memories with your little girl. And nothing beats a home smelling of warm baked goods! I have so much love for you Dewi! You inspire me to BE better! And for that, I thank you!
Rachel, thanks so much for your sweet words! You're an inspiration too. That's what I love about blogging, we all can share ideas for our own family to use.
Hi Hazel, udah bisa bantu mama bikin kue yah,.. :)
Vasska juga kalo lagi pilek, gak bisa tidur,
si Vivie mau cuti tuh Dew, trus balik ke jakarta, kyknya anaknya manja deh ... :)
I love that new picture of Hazel getting the pan ready...the expression on her face is so flippin' cute! And that cake! Wow it looks tasty! You can send some of that tasty stuff my way! ;)
I want some Cake!!!
Post a Comment