Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Olympic Peninsula

I've been wanting to check out Olympic Peninsula for almost 14 years now. The day finally came (sad, I know), not to mention that we got perfect weather for it too. It was a first for me & the kids. The drive was long, but we love the views.

The Coast
We stopped at beach 3 to have some lunch complete with sand in our menu. :) It was a bit cold, but Hazel only wants to wear her dress.


Safira enjoyed her orange. :)

Hoh Rainforest
Hazel likes to be silly in pictures. So, we entertained her. I'm not a fan of moss, but this "Hall of Mosses" are pretty cool.


Safira loved to play with some dried moss and stuffed them into daddy's shirt.

Hazel called this the rainbow tree and told us that we got to hold hand while walking under it.

Forks
Stayed in Forks. I wasn't prepared how small the town is, you know with the Twilight craze. Amazingly there are twilight tour buses around town. Luckyly our motel wasn't too basic.
Bella's car.
Swim at the motel is a must to Hazel.
Safira got excited thinking she can sit on the big chair for dinner like everyone else.
Breakfast in bed.

Clallam Bay
Where we got to play in the tide pool. We saw lots of clams, barnacles, fishes, etc. Hazel got so excited when she saw Patrick (star fish). She collected a bunch of neat rocks & shells.



Hurricanne Ridge
I think it's pretty amazing view. It makes me think of the "Sound of Music" where the family finally escaped and walking down the beautiful mountains.
Can you see a deer in the background?

Here's a closer look

Safira loves animals and got so excited (screamy) when she saw deer & cute chipmunks.
Played in the snow.

Port Angeles
We just stopped by at the playground of dream (similar to the one in Pasco) & shared a milkshake.


Took a ferry ride home. Quinn & Safira were on top of the world....

oh, and he let her drive when he got too tired. :) Can you see how excited she was?


That's our first vacation this summer. Hoping to have more family adventures.....

5 comments:

Rachel said...

What an amazing trip - beautiful! Such a gorgeous part of the state and how cool to go to Forks! Love the update...but missing u guys. Stinks to be so close, yet so far away.

chchoo said...

I love this post! And how cute that Safira got screamy when she saw the deer. I love the pic of the whole family. Dewi, you look gorgeous! I like the rainbow tree too. Cute, that Hazel wanted you guys to hold hands. It looks like such a fun trip. I'm jealous. I want to go on this same trip.

Phea said...

bagus2 ya fotonya.. :) Hazel dengan muka jailnya, tetep aja keliatan cantik.. Safira jg keliatan hepi banget.. :)

aku suka foto hazel yg di Hurricanne Ridge, cantik banget dia pake kacamata item trus view-nya juga keren banget..

salam kangen ya buat quinn, hazel dan safira.. :)

Shirley said...

What a beautiful trip--so much to see and experience. So glad that you had the chance to go.

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Keren2 Dew gambarnya.. udah lama gak liat blognya nih.. :)

Hazel tambah gede ya, Safira juga.. lucu banget di gendong di belakang, enak bgt kayaknya :))