Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks 2009

This year thanksgiving was spent just us family at our home since Quinn needs to prepare for his general exam this coming Friday (we'll be praying for him - you'll do great daddy!). I roasted a 4.5 lbs turkey breast along with its fixings (my first ever turkey). It was a quiet dinner, we miss our peeps in Pasco to celebrate it with. But, we were able to relax and some of us took a nap afterward. Sleep is a good thing in this house these days.

Hazel thinks her pj is the perfect outfit for the dinner. :)

I was thinking, 5 hour of cooking and it was done in just 15 minutes? Funny.

This is what I'm most grateful for this year.


Hazel helped me make the pie the night before.

Hazel discovered the joy of playing teacher & student. Both me & Safira were the students of course. Her first lesson was "The Science on How to Love One Another"...her own words. Warmed my heart.



I have my lows, and my high. This picture tells it best. Yes, I still have baby pounds to loose, yes, I look tired, yes my hands are full. But, I also have a beautiful family who loves me & great friends who's there for me. I'm blessed. Oh, and we're also grateful for electricity...since we spent the thanksgiving evening with no power at all. Yep, we had a black out as Hazel called it from 7 till midnight. Good thing we're done cooking & eating. :)

3 comments:

donna said...

looks like you had a yummy Thanksgiving!!!!

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

safira lucu bgt,hazel tambah gede n cantik. kangeeennn....pengen ketemu n main bareng...

chchoo said...

I love Hazel's drawing. The science on how to love one another. Precious. I say this everytime, but Safira is looking so big so fast! She's too cute. We can't wait to see you!