Thursday, July 02, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemon....

...., make the best lemonade or at least try. These are some pictures of our happenings and a little update of what's going on at the last part.

Free Movie Tuesdays & Farmer's Market Visit


Hazel's current favorite bed


Strawberry Festival


Visiting my friend Manda who accidentally lost 30% of her hearing, but instead they treated us to dinner. Thanks you guys!---(notice how I've come to accept my 'crazy' haircut'?)


Wading Pool at Greenlake


Tuesday night, I had a sudden burning sensation on my bum. Quinn helped me put an ointment, but it didn't help. The pain was progressing and kept me up all night. The after hr nurse assured me that it shouldn't affect the baby, and suggested that I keep trying OTC remedies. In the morning I sent Quinn & Hazel to get different kinds of remedies to try. Did they help? No, only made it worse. So, we decided to go to the clinic (boy, the car ride was SO painful!). The resident was looking at it & thinking that an incision would help relieve the pain, but he came back with the attending dr/chair of OB to get his opinion. They both kept on saying, "you have our empathies and make us cringe just thinking about how painful it is." He finally said that an incision may not be a good idea since he's not sure with the bleeding & infection part which may just make it worse especially during the long weekend. The best they could do for me was just to give me some numbing solution & cream. Is it still painful right now? Yes, but at least not as severe. Walking is still hard, sitting down comfortably is almost impossible, so I mostly spend my time laying on my side (that's how I'm typing right now).

Did this just happen at the perfect time? Of course, especially after we promised our excited little Hazel to spend some fun times complete with fireworks with cousins at GM & GP place. Fortunately, we also have an understanding little girl who tried in any way that she knows to make her mommy feels better. We're pretty bummed (no pun intended), but hoping that we can still have the best lemonade...... :)


3 comments:

Shirley said...

Does this mean that you are unable to come to Pasco? Hope you find the best remedy.
Love-MOM B

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

mudah2an cepet sembuh ya Dew...

Hazel udah tambah gede ya..tapi koq sukanya tidur di keranjang bayi sih.. :))

Rachel said...

BUMmer! I actually love the hair cut! So summer! Great update and hope we can spend time with you at the reunion!