Friday, August 01, 2008

1 More Week....left

yep, the anticipation of leaving is too high for us. We're counting the days we have left here, but at the same time we use the remaining time doing what we can't do in Bellevue.

Quinn's carpool ended last week, so we need to drive him to/from work this week and next. It's been fun driving with him, it's just that because it's so early, I had to think about what to do next after we dropped him off. Not very many places open that early, but we managed to find something to do. I found this bakery near Quinn's work, and they had the ever so amazing bread. It was love at first bite with their brioche chocolate twists...and playing at the park afterward was a must for miss Hazel.

Tuesday was our usual free movie day. We saw only the first part cause it was too long Hazel said, which was too bad cause I really like the movie (hope mom Bagley has the dvd). Then, we played at the carousel and saw puppies. Hazel has been loving being a puppy for a while now. Every time we call her, "Hi sweetie, or big girl, etc"......she always said back to us "No, I'm a puppy" she even asks her daddy to make her puppy house every night to go to bed while watching fireworks shoot from seaworld outside our window.










And that day was also the day that a trauma happened. We played at the mall's indoor playground because she wanted to. And I was worried because it was too busy with so many kids. She insisted, so I let her. I watched her closely, but she of course ran too fast trying different things. I looked around cause I couldn't see her, and I panicked cause I still couldn't find her.......finally a mom asked "Is she who you're looking for?" while pointing to Hazel outside screaming her head off right next to our stroller. I ran to her and held her so tight and kissed her nonstop. I explained to her that we just had a misunderstanding.....I looked for her inside the playground and she looked for me out here. And we just missed each other. Oh boy, how scary that was. It was maybe only a 15 second, but it sure felt like a loong time to me (and for sure for her too). The only thing that stopped her from crying (not ice cream nor candy) was me asking her if we can go home and I will hold her for a long time and not let go. I could tell how frightened she was. I didn't want her to have a bad trauma, so I asked her if we can stop by mc donald to eat lunch and maybe get an ice cream cone, she agreed and that was just what we did. We're glued together the whole time and it was all better towards the end.

After the incident, we stayed home almost the whole day on Wednesday. I just wanted to give her my full attention. So, we played at home, made fruit kebab using the only fruit available (apple). But, in the afternoon, we walked to this dessert place near our place that we've been wanting to try. The outside almost looks like an architecture firm or something, but after I found out that it's a dessert place I went nuts. :) It's pricey, but oh they're good. Hazel agrees.

Thursday, Hazel asked to go to seaworld. This time she wanted to get wet playing with water at Bay of Play. And we watched Shamu again afterward.....it's still touching the second time for us.





Friday is the day off for Quinn. We all agreed to spend the day at the beach. We figured that once we went back to Bellevue, it will be too cold to do it. It really was a fun day. Hazel was introduced with being buried in the sand and she LOVES it. She asked us to do it again and again. The only icky part was that we had LOTS of sand coming home with us.

8 comments:

chchoo said...

What a cute little puppy you've got there. I love the pictures of her buried in the sand. I'm glas she wasn't lost for long! Scary. Enjoy your last week in California. We're so excited to see you all!

chchoo said...

glad, not glas

Phea said...

Hahaha.. Hazel lucu banget sih, sekarang mau jadi puppy ya? Foto yang di rumah Puppy di tempat tidur, juga lucu banget.. Cute Puppy pastinya.. :)
Waduh? ilang di mall? pasti takut banget tuh.. Nggak kebayang kalo aku yang jd dia, pasti tegang banget tuh.. Lega dengernya pas udah ketemu, mudah2an nggak trauma..
Hahaha.. ditimbum pasir badannya? Seru banget !! Iya, main di pantai emang enak banget.. ;) Ichan Inan juga disini seneng banget main pasir..

donna said...

it is so scary, when we can't find a child.. That has happen to us a few times........
How sweet that she waned to stay close to you all day.

See you soon and your bedroom is already

Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing how seconds can feel like hours when you've lost a little one! Been there, done that and it's no fun! Nice call on cuddles with mom! Love all the pictures, as usual! And I'm watering at the mouth at the sound of the chocolate twist thing! See you soon!

Rebecca said...

Glad you found Hazel. I have had moments like that with all my kids.Your heart sinks when they are gone. When they are back you are the happiest in the world!
Can't wait to see you soon.

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

waah.. Hazel sempat ilang di mall..

Hazel, when your mommy was little, she also had the same experience, She lost at public market in Australia, we're busy trying to find her, but there she was, walking with papah's friend as if nothing has happened..

jadi tau kan rasanya ya Dew.. :)

mudah2an gak lagi deh..

luv u all

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Untung Hazel cuman sebentar ya..

Waktu mommy waktu kecil, pernah ilang juga, di Paddy's market di Australia, kita semua sibuk nyariin, tapi pas ketemu, mommy lagi enak2 jalan sama temennya papah..

:)