Part One is about airplane rides from Seattle to Jakarta with a transit in Taipei + our first day here. Our flight from Seattle was delayed for about 2 hours. So, instead of leaving at 2 am, we left at 4 am. That made everyone very tired waiting. Hazel fell asleep right before we boarded the plane. Even though she fell asleep at the wrong times (only during take off and landing and pretty much awake the whole time), she's such a trooper. We ordered child meal for her, so her food always comes earlier than everyone's and always contains something she's familiar with: PBJ sandwich, mac & cheese, pancake & eggs.


She LOVED our transit in Taipei because of the Hello Kitty playground. I loved Hello Kitty when I was a kid, and pretty exciting to watch her like the same thing. She purchased a little hello kitty M&M dispenser that she already spilled before boarding to the plane.




My parents & my very pregnant sister picked us up at the airport. Note to self: Get the visa for Quinn from the US & apply dual citizenship for Hazel to avoid a very looong line. When we arrived at my parents home, we're pretty impressed with the updates on their home. They did a lot of work preparing for our arrival. The family room & dining room is air conditioned now. The backyard is landscaped for Hazel to run around and explore. They converted one of the living room to be a playground for the grandkids to play. Our room for us to stay is like a hotel. We enjoyed having our own fridge, dvd player along with a huge plasma tv, and computer. Thanks Papah Ibu! They really want us to be comfortable and we appreciate it. If that's not enough, they got us lots of gifts. Hazel got lots of cars stuff and bags. I guess it's not too early to have many bags right?



4 comments:
Oh Dewi! So happy to see you made it and that everything went well! I'm sure it was hard, but what cute pictures! Love the Hello Kitty PLayground! And my what a wonderful welcome from your family! I know you miss them so terribly living so far away! Soak them up and treasure every moment! We love you guys and hope your travels find you well and healthy!!! :)
I am so happy you were able to post. I am glad that Hazel did so well on the plane ride.. What a trooper! It looks like you are already having such a great time! We are so happy for you guys! Enjoy!
wow looks like everyone is having a great time. Hello Kitty Playground is so cute. Tell your family we say HOWDY :)
It looks like Hazel is having a ball! I'm so glad. I dig the Hello Kitty stuff. I loved it as a kid, too and I'm glad it's coming back in.
Post a Comment