Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Our Ups and Down

It's been a while it seems from the last time we blog....and not a whole lot catching up to do. First, thanks Rachel for the Thank You note! Sometimes, a very sweet, kind note is all I need. :)

We didn't do much last week....except shopping. I shopped till I drop {almost literally -- sore throat and sore muscle} for our Indonesia trip. Hope everyone there will like what Hazel & I picked for them. Hazel's been pretty excited to go to Indonesia to see Papah, Ibud (that's what she calls my Ibu), bak Inan, mas Ichan, mas Vasska & tante Vivi. We are excited too, let's hope and pray that we won't have any hospital visit this time. :)

Here are some pics and video of what we've been up to:
Last Thursday, my friend Debbie invited me to have a girls night at her home to watch Pride& Prejudice and share treats. I forgot to take pictures of the girls, but I brought this fruit pizza. We chatted until midnight......lost track of the time. Good times!


Hazel's always been interested in rockets, boats, and trains. Dolls? Not so much. So, I got her this launch yourself rocket using a pumper with just a stomp of her little feet would do. She's super excited, so we got to try it out at Idylwood beach park that we've been wanting to check out. She loved launching it, ran to get the rocket, and put it back. She did this several times...I managed to get into the game to run back and forth substituting the physical fitness I've been neglecting for so long :)
I love taking our family self portrait lately and it's always hit and miss to have us all in the pic. Quinn offered to do it, and in one shot he succeeded. I love the sky in this picture.

The cute thing about this trip to the park is that we found a little play piano with notes to help you play and Hazel did sing "Twinkle Twinkle".



Tuesday, we all played at Chism Beach. The water was cold, but we bravely went in {especially Hazel}. We built sand castle, birthday cake, and got wet. I was afraid to get too dark before going to Indonesia, but oh well.....summer is too short, gotta enjoy it. :)
She's figuring out how to float using the vest that GP Bagley got for her. She's pretty excited to find out that she can float not using a tube.















Today, we all had an appointment with the travel clinic to get shots for our trip. There was a lady who passed out given a shot in the clinic. There was firefighters and ambulance -- pretty hectic. It put us back a looooong time. If Quinn didn't ask when our turn is, they would never call us. They said they called our name already.....but, we didn't hear it and we're there. Anyway.....it's frustrating...but it's done. Hazel got 1 shot, we both got 2. Due to the long delay at the clinic, we just ate burgers at dicks for lunch and drop off Quinn to the airport for his Navy orientation in Monterey, CA. We'll be Daddyless for about 3 days, hope we be okay. Sure wish we could join him though. But, don't want to pack too many trips at once since we'll be on our way to Indonesia next week. I'll just have to be creative to fill our days without daddy. I'll let you know what we come up with. :)

8 comments:

Rachel said...

That fruit pizza looks so delish!
There are such great parks over in that area of Washington! What a blast! What a cool rocket!

So, the navy? Is Quinn joining the Navy? I'm confused....

Good luck without him for three days and in getting ready for your trip! You will be in my prayers - I PROMISE! :)

Dewi said...

We like to confuse people don't we? Navy is the one that sponsor his grant. So, yes he'll work for the Navy when he's done. But not training boot camp like the real Navys :)

chchoo said...

You have so many great pictures! It looks like you guys have been having so much fun lately. I haven't looked at anyone's blog for quite awhile. The train ride looks so fun!

donna said...

Gald to see you back posting. The fruit pizza looks so good.
I hope you have a safe trip. Tell your family we say HI!
We hope to see you at Thanksgiving :)
Love the pictures!

Rebecca said...

I like your rocket workout and the fruit pizza, way to balance!
Cute family portrait also.

Kent said...

We are excited about your Indonesian trip. We would love to go with you and see your family. Give them our love and best wishes. Hope you are able to get everything done and hope everyone is well.

Love-MOM B

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Ok,
kita tunggu di Indonesia ya...

rgds,

aprkpvp

Ichan dan Inan said...

Udah nggak sabar nih nunggu tante Dewi, de Hazel & om Quinn dateng ke Indonesia.. minggu depan ya? mudah2an semua sehat2 ya, jadi kita bisa jalan2 & seneng2 terus di sini.. :) Oke, sampai ketemu minggu depan ya.. :)