Sunday, April 22, 2007

Saturday Outing

We started our Saturday by attending Emergency Preparedness Fair in the morning. It was pretty neat because we got to learn how to make outdoor oven from cardboard box (Quinn said he already knew that from Scouts). Then we went to Pike Place Market (that place always makes me happy) to get some hombow from MeeSum pastry and macaron from LePanier. We were going to fly a kite at Gas work park, but Hazel fell asleep on the way there plus the weather is on the chilly side. So, we went home hoping that she would get a good nap. But, as soon as we get home, she's wide awake energized. Our friends, Manda & Dave, were supposed to meet us at Pike Place, but something came up and they said they'd meet us for dinner instead. (Diet will start tomorrow for us :))

Despite the short nap in the car earlier,
Hazel was a happy bear at Red Robbin.
Hazel and tante Manda posing with the balloon string. She's been asking for a balloon for quite sometime. It's a good thing that we got it there.


Our family picture. We were still full from the chicken and beef curry hombows earlier, so we just split 5 alarm burger and milkshake. Even Hazel got a bite of the burger :)

She found another great entertainment. Almost impossible to get her out of there. :)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love Hazel's big smile in each picture. Her smile makes me happy.

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna said...

What a fun day you had. I agree with Rebecca. I love Hazel’s big smile. See you in a few weeks. Ryan, I and the boys are coming got Seattle (Emily is staying with Rebecca) Jakob is getting some testing done.

Dewi said...

We should definitely get together! Let us know. -d

Rachel said...

I love Hazel's "camera" face..it's identical every time. What a hoot! What a fun Saturday! We love Pike's Place Market too. It has such a fun vibe! Thanks for the love you leave on my blog continuously! Have a GREAT week...and I ALWAYS say, "Fat Camp" starts tomorrow, day after day after day. ;)

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Si Hazel seneng bgt ya Dew.. :)