Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our October Festivity

My little scary experience:

Yesterday, I choked (literally) while at home alone with Safira. There were a brief moment (seemed like forever to me) while I couldn't get the food in or out - stuck in my throat and no air could come in. Feeling weak from not getting any air, so many thoughts going thru my mind and trying to figure out how to live/get help. I reached the phone about to dial 911, but thinking I couldn't talk...and one thought came to me: if I die now, who's going to help Safira and who's going to pick Hazel up from school? Quinn's not going to get home until diner time? Who's going to find out? I said a short a prayer pleading to God to help me then jumped and jumped and punched my chest as hard as I could. God did help me. I said thanks loudly and my whole body trembled and called Quinn & told him what happened. I had no idea what's going to happen if I ended up with the opposite alternative. My worries are just what's going to happen with my girls. I still need to teach them many things, and show them I love them so much. Time on earth is so precious, and we never know when we're going to leave. I really hope I will have more time with my family here on earth.

It was really scary, but I survived!

On a lighter note, here's what we've been up to for our month of October:
Harvest Festival (soaked in rain) at Kelsey Creek Farm


Pumpkin Patch

Hazel with Grandpa 5 yrs ago & now.




The winning pumpkin!

Primary Program


Caramel Apple & Carving Pumpkin


Halloween Trunk-or-treating
How cute is the little Indian & the Witch ready to go?
Watch out...I'll cast a spell on you!

The loot.

And here's what both my girls been up to during down time:




This picture is especially for my dad. He's always been proud when we're growing up how he could carry all 4 of us (his kids) at the same time. Here I am carrying all my kids at the same time. :) See you soon Papah & Ibu!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am glad that you are still with us! I love all your pics! I like your costume! Does Quinn ever dress up?

chchoo said...

Great costumes!! I love them both. And you make a great pirate, too Dewi. How scary, to have a close one like that. Glad you are okay! We need to see you guys soon. Soon!

donna said...

wow how scary.. I am so glad you said a prayer and you were able to know what to do...
We love your family and very excited to see you all for Thanksgiving...
Love the pictures....