Sunday, August 12, 2007

Blueberry Picking

Our weekend on Saturday:
We picked blueberry at the Mercer Slough Farm in the morning. Hazel loved the whole experience.....she did it last year, but I think she forgot. She of course loves to eat the blueberries fresh from the tree. In fact, I caught her a couple of times trying to chomp on blueberries straight off the tree (literally) without using her hands--- maybe she figured it would save time? Then she discovered blowing dandelions and I think she got some in her mouth. And at the end of our journey picking blueberries, we saw snake crossing our path (it scared me, but excited Hazel & Quinn).

Here are some pictures of our blueberry picking trip...



Our attempt to have a family picture


In the afternoon, we were planning on going canoing, but the weather was overcast, breezy, and a little on the cool side. So, we opted to go to the park instead. The park is always a fun place for Hazel anyway.

Then they both got treats :)


On Sunday:
With lots of fresh blueberries on hand, we decided to bake a pie. Hazel was so helpful in the kitchen. She helped make pie and homemade bread sticks for dinner.

Hazel learned to weave. She was actually good......

7 comments:

donna said...

What a great weekend you all had. That pie looks so good. Miss Hazel is going o be such a great baker. Just like her mom :) See you in a few days.

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I have never made a homade Pie before.
Mom! I am making a pie :)

chchoo said...

Wow! That looksso fun! Send me a slice of pie!

Rachel said...

Can I be in your family, too? What fun times! I love that you made a pie with the blueberries and think it's wonderful how hands-on you let Hazel be in the kitchen. Memories for a lifetime! I love the family picture! very cool!

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Wah, bagus-bagus fotonya, mas Ade udah lama gak liat blognya Hazel..

kalo pake topi sekilas Hazel mirip Vasska yah.. :)

Ichan dan Inan said...

De Hazel cantik sekali, kaya aku... hehehe..
Mau dong pie nya, nanti bikinin kita ya..
Nanti kalo ke Indonesia, kita ke kebun strawberry ya, kita petik buah strawberry..