Saturday, July 21, 2007

Our Fun Filled Weekend

We once again were thrilled to have family visiting this weekend -- GParents Bagley + Ryan & Donna's family. It was a wonderful visit because after they left, we were left with a warm feeling inside that made us smile and keep thinking about how nice it was. Thanks for creating sweet memories with us you guys! Hazel sure loves the whole time with GP, GM and cousins.

Thursday night we had GP Bagley arrived. After a short but nice chat, we all retired for the night.

Friday morning, Dad had to go to dental convention with Ryan. Quinn's Prof. is in Spain attending IEEE convention so he doesn't have his weekly research meeting. Because of that, we're so fortunate to have him with us on Friday. Mom was stuck with us running errands in the morning (sorry Mom!). We took her to Trader Joe's since she's never been and I was hoping to find fruit filling to decorate Ryan's cheesecake, but no luck on that (I found it at QFC instead). We got other interesting stuff from TJoe's though....and I think Mom enjoyed browsing thru their aisles. For lunch, Mom treated us for some yummy Thai food at Chantanee.
I'm so glad we all enjoyed the food including Hazel (thanks Mom!). It's "our thing" with Mom to take her to interesting restaurants (that have great food) whenever Dad is at a dental convention because she enjoys trying different food. When we got home we watched Casino Royale (the only borrowed dvd from Mom that we hadn't seen yet) and Hazel somehow managed to get a nap after rejecting the idea for a while. Then, Donna's family came.....Hazel was happy. Emily helped me decorate Ryan's birthday cake (thanks miss Em!). I also made these cookies (my friend, Jihan's recipe) for the kids. After Dad & Ryan came back from their classes, we all celebrated Ryan's birthday at Azteca (Thanks Ryan & Donna!). We came back to our place to sing Happy Birthday to Ryan and let him blow the candles. I didn't take any pictures of the event or of the cake :( .....hopefully Donna will.

Saturday we went to Costco Home to look around. They have great stuff there if you have a spacious home. I enjoyed browsing thru the decorations.....neat stuff. Then, we went to Fry's Electronics where Hazel kept on saying "Let's go find the light Mommy...Daddy!". We were confused until later on we figured out what she meant -- clicking on the night light that has little figures dancing around -- she loved this when she's smaller and amazingly remembered! For lunch, we went to Ivar's near UW. Then afterward, we visited Gas Works and McCurdy parks by the water. For dinner, we went to Dicks burger all fit in Donna's SUV while Mom & Dad left for home.



Somewhere during our drive in the car Mom told a story (didn't remember the whole thing) about a guy wants to be happy and to do so he's told to find a shirt of the happiest guy on the street and ask him to exchange shirts. It turned out that when the happiest guy opened up his jacket, he has no shirt on. The moral of the story is : You don't need material things to be happy....and I'm grateful that I can say that it's True! For me the biggest part of being happy is the ability to feel grateful and feel like you've done your part. I have nothing against material things....I'm just for being grateful and being happy. Surrounded by family visiting this weekend and helped create sweet memories with me just adds up my happiness bar :). And thanks Mom for the story.

7 comments:

donna said...

THANKS for the GREAT weekend! Dewi you are so WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Shirley said...

We loved our weekend fun with your family. Thanks for letting us stay with you and for all the fun places we went together. We love you all so much.
Love---------MOM B

Rachel said...

Oh, I wihs we were closer! So fun!
What great pictures of a fun weekend Hazel looks so cute in her bandana!

Rachel said...

oops...wish

chchoo said...

Hazel is looking so grown-up. The cake looks good, too! See you next week!

donna said...

Email me your address :)

Vasska, Varen, and Vega said...

Hazel seneng ya.. :)
btw, kapan mau punya adek lagi si Hazel...

rgds,